From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:23 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] What counsel would you offer?

Mornin' Iz.  As I see it, these two are lying to themselves. To repent means to turn and go in another direction.  When Jesus, Peter, Paul, John and others called sinners to repentance, they were calling for a 180 turn, from sin, to Christ.  From living for self, to living for Him.  These people, if they still have sexual relations, are still in adultery and still in their sins, still living for self.  There is no forgivness that allows  continual living in rebellion to God's commands.  My advice would be for them to get out the sack cloth and ashes.

You will not hear this much from the pulpit these days.  The pastor who preaches this will be gone and the adulterers will still be a substantial part of the congregation.
Terry

 ShieldsFamily wrote:

Okay, add to Terry’s original scenario the fact that the couple that realized that they were living in adultery had actually been “Christians” prior to their adultery with each other.  They then each divorced their spouses because they were “in love”.  They now have a child between them, as well as their children from their previous marriages.  But now they claim that they have repented and are forgiven.  What is your advice to them? izzy