Good mornin', Dave.  You might want to consider that the Jews were given a whole sack full of commands, and not one Jew with the exception of Jesus was ever able to keep them.  We Gentile Christians were given two commands.  We aren't always able to keep even those two. Who has ever loved their neighbor as themself 24/7 without a slip?  Who has even loved God with all their heart without once in a while putting the desires of self ahead of the desires of God?  We need a Savior!  Real bad!  Without Him, we can do nothing.
Enjoy your breakfast.
Terry

Dave wrote:
DAVEH:   If that is not possible, then why the commandment to do so?  Mt 5:48........

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

.........Doesn't it seem odd to have a commandment that is not obtainable?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And you will never be as perfect as the Heavenly Father,

Jd

--
 Dave Hansen