gold plates

DAVEH:   I might add that it is my understanding that they had the appearance of gold.  Whether or not the content was actually 100% gold is something that is debatable.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The Book of Mormon was translated to English from a set of gold plates by Joseph  Smith Jr.  The plates were an abridgement of more extensive records by a Nephite named  Mormon,  and his son, Moroni.