check out these crosses:

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/index.html

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:39:55 EST

Blainerb:  There are quite a few "cross"  songs in the LDS hymnbook.  It is
not a bad word, it is just the context in  which it is used.  We believe in
"taking up our cross," so to speak, which means we give up the pleasures of the world, and are even willing to suffer if necessary to live more righteously.
 But we still think the cross  as a visible symbol of Jesus falls short of
what He stands for--the most important of which is resurrection to life in the Kingdom of God--God's life. We do not think that is adequately represented
by a  cross.  Now stars, whether pentagrams or whatever, obviously fill the
bill, since that's where we hope to be--in heaven, where the stars are at. :>)
 Stars make for an excellent symbol of Jesus Christ, whereas a cross  is
dubious at best.

In a message dated 12/13/2005 5:56:55 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,