John and Kevin, stop the name calling. Go private if you wish to continue.

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:05:32 -0800 (PST)

   if you still have that one tooth.

"Discussions" with you always devolve into questions of whether your gut hangs below your belt still.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You have turned the "flapping of the gums" into a vocation, Kevin. This is not completely true, however, if you still have that one tooth.

I suspect that Terry is a full-time Christian. I met your challenge and what did we get for that -- yet another challenge of someone else. You are a lazy Christian, Kevin, doing those things that so often do not count for much but take a considerable amount of time.............nothing to be proud of.

  You get no more tired of the senseless than do the rest of us.

  jd

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  NAW I am just sick of people that flap their gums.
  When it comes down to it they are all about words NOT DEEDS!

It is a False Piety to say that another should do such & such when one does NOTHING.

  God's Work as you put it is NOT LIP SERVICE
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate..

They profess to be doing the WORK of God but when pressed they do not want to brag

Invariably when preaching in public, some christian comes up to me and says you are doing it wrong you are going to turn them off. (If I had a nickel for every time...)
  I ask them How many people have you told about Jesus this week?
They want to change subjects, any idea why? Guess they want their reward.
  Why would someone correct someone else about something they DO NOT DO?
  Only reason could be, their conscience is bothering them.
  They know it is RIGHT to witness to the LOST

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I read your post a couple of times. My comments appear to be appropriate.

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
A rather simple task is to read the post instead of going off half cocked

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: And what does your little chuck and jive have to do with Terry's remarks to Dean? Not one single thing. Few on this site have a clue as to "ad hom." but your comments below are "ad hom." By definition, ad hom is any statement that does not go directly to the discussion or remarks at hand. Another phrase for "ad hom" is "begging the question." "Truth" regarding "ad hom" has NOTHING TO DO WITH "AD HOM." This is just something you all made up. If the response is an atack on any other issue but the one present, it is begging the question and is "ad hom."

You have this fantasy that you are busier doing the "Lord's work" than anyone else. A ridiculous assertion or two levels ("busier" and "Lord's work).. You are constantly demanding that those who offer a criticisim measure up to YOU.. Get a life and stay on subject --- or maybe you just cannot do this rather simple task.

  jd

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You have got to be joking, Dean! There is no sin of omission? Is following Christ only about correcting others? How about giving a drink to a thirsty man?

  AND how do you do such?

I find that most that speak like this are DOing nothing of consequence. They love in "WORD" but never in DEED!
  It tends to be a device to soothe their conscience.
  The bible speaks of it this way.
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
  Talk is cheap it does not cost a thing!

  As a proponent of PURE RELIGION
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

  What are you DOing? Tell us of your DEEDS.
  Looking foward to your TESTIMONY!   PTL!

Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Dean Moore wrote:
You have got to be joking, Dean! There is no sin of omission? Is following Christ only about correcting others? How about giving a drink to a thirsty man? How about passing by the wounded on the road to Damascus? How about the guy broke down alongside the interstate? Can you please God by telling the thirsty guy he needs to be saved and leave him in thirst. Can you hand a tract to the guy broke down miles from nowhere and go on? I would never do that and neither would you.

Terry

cd: There is a difference in pointing out error and stoning someone to death.We can call sin ,sin and are told to do so in the bible. Abstaining from original sin keeps one from being a hypocrite as you are trying to make Judy appear. Adding sin of omission in this manner is clouding the true message of the Gospel-If we are living in the 11 commandments given to us then there is no sin of omission for to have love of the brethren we will be helping them-by correction their error(s) ,and giving to them for their needs-then there is on sin of omission.If not- feel free to point out those other sins of omission?

  Yahoo! Shopping

  Yahoo! Shopping

  Yahoo! Shopping

Yahoo! Shopping