From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:20:23 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
JD: And so it is,  that man (in Romans chapter 1) sees the creation as a witness of God just as surely as God is at work within him  both to will and to accomplish His pleasure.   It is all about God.   We can either attach ourselves to this reality and inherit life or we can refuse the only reality that is and die.   What a choice !!
We have no power to attach ourselves to anything JD, we can only come to Christ one way and this is by being

Each of us plays a role in the reviving ontology we call salvation.

Yes.  Our part is to repent and turn from our old conversation in this world or to ignore/reject
the offer of eternal life.

II Cor 5:20 has Paul encouraging the Corinthians this wise:  "...be ye reconciled to God."   Of course the it  is the Father who draws man.

This only happens one way which is through Christ who is the only way to the Father.

I believe that Philip 2:12-13 reveals a point of truth for all men.   God is at work in us all.   But we still have choices, which you you, as well.   So I am not sure why you wrote the above.

Because God is NOT at work in ALL men.  He is at work in those who have 'by faith' received
Christ along with the indwelling Holy Spirit... who the world CAN NOT receive.

Your belief that man is totally depraved of good works before he is introduced to the indwelling Spirit is fantasy.

I don't believe man is "totally depraved" in the 5 point Calvinistic sense. However, he is dead
to truth and the life and light of God.  John says the condemnation is that men love darkness
and refuse to come to the light. God is not working in these men.

Read Matt 7:11.

Why? This chapter has to do with asking, seeking, knocking and Vs.13 addresses entering through the narrow gate with the few that find it rather than travelling the broad road - Vs.15
warns about false prophets which are known by their spiritual fruit.

Explain the good works of the confession of sin, repentance,  the knowing that Christ is the
Son of God.

Confession of sin and turning from same is normal christianity, where do "good works"
come it, this is not a work it is a godly response to truth in the heart.

Tell me what is going on in John 3:21.

It's a statement about those who practice truth and come out into the light so that what
they do may be plainly shown to be of God.

drawn by the Father through the Spirit by the Word and it is the "engrafted Word" which is able to save the soul
as we choose to walk in it.

In Romans 1:18,19 - Yes men can know by the creation that there is a God, but when they don't glorify Him
as God and hold the truth in unrighteousness - their foolish hearts are darkened.  So where would you get the
idea that God is at work in those who have never surrendered to Christ?  These people have a different spirit
at work in them (See Ephesians 2:1,2) which is  the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.
At least this is what God says about it.

Nothin you have quoted challenges anything I have written.

To say that EVERY MAN has God working in them is delusion JD; this is New Age thinking
Ppl outside of Christ have the devil working in them.