On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:00:29 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Huh?   I can't pray for what I don't understand because my prayer tongue is English??  !!

The idea JD is that it is an exercise in faith because we don't know how to pray as we should so the Spirit
intercedes for us before the throne of grace - through us - by using our own voice to petition also it edifies.

My wife prays in tongues.

I hope she didn't receive her gift while she was a Mormon because these are false tongues.

I have been around the experience for years and years, David.  I am just as much in the spirit as my wife during worship times.

How can you know this?  Comparing ourselves amongst ourselves only proves we are not wise (though most of us
have done this at some time or other).

Time after time I have simply knelt during worship or stood with raised hands and just let it all soak in .    At those times,  I am fully aware of the promised intervention of the Spirit on my behalf.   God speakst to me, David, just as certainly as He does to you and, who knows, maybe more often.

There are no second class "believers" JD but still what you describe is not the same as what David is speaking about.

But the experience of Spirit filling  (read: spirit baptism) is not the center of my "new nature."  The Lordship of Christ is.
The Lord has revealed to me the vanity of placing too much stock in "spiritual knowledge."

There is vanity in the wrong kind of "spiritual knowledge" (the occult kind) but I have a hard time accepting that the
Lord would be counselling against Himself.

"The Lord is that Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty"  judyt