Hi Marlin.  Seeing what you have shared, you might like to hear that I preached in our community's Christmas parade this year as I did last year, carrying a cross, the symbol of the death of Jesus the Christ.  I had more than 30 people behind me, each one of them carrying crosses too.  I walked before them with a Truth Horn and reminded the thousands along the parade route that if it had not been for the cross and the death of Jesus Christ, there would be no Christmas.  I urged them not to think of Santa Clause or Jesus as a little cute baby in a manger, but to think about what Jesus was being born to do.  He came with a purpose, to die for our sins, your sins and my sins.  He was bruised for our iniquities, and the chastisement of our peace was upon him.  Believe upon Jesus Christ today.  Jesus is the reason for the season.  Worship the Lord Jesus Christ today!  Merry Christmas!  It is a very Merry Christmas when we believe upon Jesus Christ and receive the forgiveness of  our sins.  Hallelujah!  As I preached, the other cross bearers passed out tracts and Bibles.  Yes, we should think about the death of Christ at Christmas time, because if it were not for the cross and the need for Jesus to be put to death, nobody would be celebrating Christmas today.

Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Merry Christmas!

1.) Christ    2.) Mass

  I think we all know that "Christ" refers to God's Son Jesus. The word "Mass" comes from Old English mæsse, a modification of (assumed) Vulgar Latin messa from the Late Latin missa, literally meaning "dismissal"; as in at the end of a religious service. The Middle English Christemasse, comes from Old English Cristes mæsse, literally, Christ's mass - shortened to "Christ-mas". Meaning the "dismissal" or passing away of Christ; or more directly, the death of Christ. Those who understand a bit about the Catholic religion realize that the "Mass" always refers to the sacrificial death of Christ. The word "Christmas" comes from the Roman Catholic ritual.

  Folks walk around this time of year saying "Merry Christmas!" to each other. I wonder if it occurs to anyone they are saying "Merry Death of Christ."
Maranatha