Blaine, do you consider protestants to be pagans?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Mormonism & Freemasonry
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:06:52 EST

No doubt about it, those ancient groups were doing bad stuff, fertility
cultism included. But what I am saying is documenting something from ancient times is always hard, and I seriously doubt tracing Freemasonry back to those times could be done with so much confidence in the findings as to be able to say confidently that such and such is true, or such and such is not true. In fact, that would be true of almost anything. Even Mormonism, which is barely two hundred years old, despite an abundance of records on the subject, still has much that cannot be said for certain about it. What it boils down to in too many cases is that basically, we express our opinions, pro and con, and
that's about the best we can do.
But I can say with a high degree of confidence, that although there are some
similarities between free Masonry  and the temple Endowment ceremony, there
are far too many fundamental differences to conclude that one came from the other. I have, believe it or not, studied Free Masonry, and I am intimately
familiar with  the ceremony in the temple.  There are just too many other
possibilities.

In a message dated 12/31/2005 4:00:12 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,