In EACH AND EVERY ASSEMBLAGE there are some who practice idolatry.(Divine worship given to ANYONE OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN GOD). Many who are raised up by the Lord become the objects of idolatry.

One ought also give some attention to ICONOGRAPHY. See 'The Dwelling of the Light' Praying with icons of Christ by Rowan Williams.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: January 05, 2006 21:52
Subject: Re: FW: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross

From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent: 1/5/2006 10:13:21 AM

Do Catholics think of these statues as "idols.?"   Are they not expressions of their faith in God and His Christ?   None of the idols of the Message were attached to the Living God.   The compaison, Dean, that you make is not a biblical one.

jd
 cd: John this message was in my drafts folder-so I sent it today not intending to rehash old augments by preaching the old gospel in modern times but to enlighten as the old gospel has never changed. I disagree as if is very biblical. It doesn't matter what the catholics"think of these statues"
Not true.   I have a picture of "Jesus " in our family Bible.  Is that an "idol?"   Of course not.  And why  -- because I say so !!!   I decide if an idol is a god or not.    That is precisely what is wrong with an idal.  I am the one who decides it to be "a god."   Catholics use statues as "objects lessons" as they function and communicate with God.  The RCC is a Christian Church  --  with a lot of problems, admittedly.    They are wonderfull people and full of faith.

 what matters is what God said.-  the act of bowing down and praying to someone other that God/ Christ- is idolatry. Exod.20: 4

Good quote. When was the last time you saw a Catholic bow down to a false God?   You really do not know what you are talking about, here.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing in heaven or that is in the earth beneath,... thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord am a jealous God. St John didn't  know he was doing wrong by bowing to a angel but was also corrected- Rev 19:10
 1 Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of god? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor Idolaters....shall inherit the kingdom of God.
As concerning the faith of the catholics-Arn't we told to test faith by works

There are few on  this site who  believes in testing the sprits.   Everythime I ask DM for some kind of evidence, some kind of verification for his claim to be an apostle and a prophet  -  I get silence.

-and every man was judged by their works Rev:20;13? Or a tree by it's fruit?Therefore I will use God measuring rod to decide truth.Thes Catholics also removed the 2nd commandment of Idolatry and divided the 10th commandment (coveting)into two commandments-making ten commandments-back to our same old question of why would they remove they words in the first place?

I don't believe there is idolatry in the Catholic church  --  certainly not of the kind God in scripture references.

jd