Here we go again - And who is the one who denied staking everything on translational and Gk
arguments - very, very, recently?.  judyt

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:54:47 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Here is an approximation of the [NT] biblical language"

gar nomoz  tou  pneumatoz  thz   swhzev Cristy

All other words [in  [English]  translation]  are   "non-biblical."

"Incarnate" is no less a "biblical word"  than "in the flesh"   --  nor "trinity " in the place of "Godhead."

Our translations are copies of the original text (as best as we can reconstruct that text) .   The Latin  Vulgate has the same place in biblical history in terms of type and quality as does the more literal of the English translations.

To argue without end over "Godhead" verses  "Trinity"  is argue about nothing.    I have just as much authority to read "trinity" as someone has to read "godhead"   or    "divine nature."

jd

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On employing 'non-biblical' terminology when speaking of WHO Jesus is: Insofar as the language one chooses accurately reflects the subject under discussion it may be viewed as legitimate, helpful and, even necessary.

May I ask that anyone responding to the above take the time to outline their own position on this.