Are you using 'Webster' again?
----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Moore
Sent: February 08, 2006 11:39
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Rightousness (jd 2 cd)

Sent: 2/8/2006 11:08:02 AM

"Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied .. :

'See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone..[but]you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful ..show mercy..'"  --Jude

..ftr, everyone, all of whom will see the Lord, above, either enjoys fellowship with Him or don't care about it--as someone said, 'you gotta serve somebody..'

in this vein, holiness in biblical terms (of 'holy faith' in JC & praying 'in the HS', above, as JC did & 'being merciful' & 'showing mercy, above, contrary to desire of those who don't care about JC himself) developes in fellowship with JC himself

holiness is neither a moral prerequisite to fellowship nor a legitimate Wesleyan theological legal obligation germane to sanctification

cd: Below is the definition of what Holy means-notice the keeping of the divine precepts (not to be mistaken with the divine dance) which are commandments and also I sent the definition of "Unholy" (ie.sinful). G. I hope you receive the English language-in fairness Holiness includes what you correctly stated but not limited to only that. Thanks bro

Holy

HO'LY, a.

1. Properly, whole, entire or perfect, in a moral sense. Hence, pure in heart, temper or dispositions; free from sin and sinful affections. Applied to the Supreme Being, holy signifies perfectly pure, immaculate and complete in moral character; and man is more or less holy, as his heart is more or less sanctified, or purified from evil dispositions. We call a man holy,when his heart is conformed in some degree to the image of God, and his life is regulated by the divine precepts. Hence, holy is used as nearly synonymous with good, pious, godly.

Sinful

SIN'FUL, a. [from sin.]

1. Tainted with sin; wicked; iniquitous; criminal; unholy; as sinful men. Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity! Isa 1.

2. Containing sin, or consisting in sin; contrary to the laws of God; as sinful actions; sinful thoughts; sinful words.