Jacob 6:10 And according to the power of justice, for justice cannot be denied, ye must go away into that lake of fire and brimstone, whose flames are unquenchable, and whosesmoke ascendeth up forever and ever, which lake of fire and brimstone is endless torment.

Alma 5:51-52 And also the Spirit saith unto me, yea, crieth unto me with a mighty voice, saying: Go forth and say unto this people—Repent, for except ye repent ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, the Spirit saith: Behold, the ax is laid at the root of the tree; therefore every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit shall be hewn down and cast into the fire, yea, a fire which cannot be consumed, even an unquenchable fire. Behold, and remember, the Holy One hath spoken it.

2 Nephi 15-17And it shall come to pass that when all men shall have passed from this
first death unto life, insomuch as they have become immortal, they must appear before the judgment-seat of the Holy One of Israel; and then cometh the judgment, and then must they be judged according to the holy judgment of God. And assuredly, as the Lord liveth, for the Lord God hath spoken it, and it is his eternal word, which cannot pass away, that they who are righteous shall be righteous still, and they who are filthy shall be filth still; wherefore, they who are filthy are the edevil and his angels; and they shall go away into everlasting fire, prepared for them; and their gtorment is as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever and has no end. O the greatness and the ajustice of our God! For he executeth all his words, and they have gone forth out of his mouth, and his law must be fulfilled.

D&C 63: 17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the bunbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

D&C 76: 36 These are they who shall go away into the lake of fire and brimstone, with the devil and his angels—

Alma 14: 14 Now it came to pass that when the bodies of those who had been cast into the fire were consumed, and also the records which were cast in with them, the chief judge of  the land came and stood before Alma and Amulek, as they were bound; and he smote them with his hand upon their cheeks, and said unto them: After what ye have seen, will ye preach again unto this people, that they shall be cast into a lake of fire and brimstone?

Jacob 6: 10 And according to the power of ajustice, for justice cannot be denied, ye must go away into that lake of fire and brimstone, whose flames are unquenchable, and whose smoke ascendeth up forever and ever, which lake of fire and brimstone is endless torment.

1 Ne. 15: 35 And there is a place prepared, yea, even that awful hell of which I have
spoken, and the devil is the preparator of it; wherefore the final state of the souls of
men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out because of that djustice of
which I have spoken.

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  Hadn't thought about it, Kevin.  Post a passage and let's examine it.

Kevin Deegan wrote:
Is it figurative in the BoM too?

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NOTE to all TTers: I had attempted to post several responses that were rejected. Most of them were about the previous situation, which is now less than pertinent, so there is no point in posting them. However, a couple of them may be of interest.

DAVEH: As far as I've been able to discern, every instance that hell
is referred to in the Bible, it is in a figurative sense.....using the
burning trash dump as the only (with the exception of worms eating the
innards, and excruciating thirst) literal imagery to which the folks
back then could relate.

--
Dave Hansen

Yahoo! Mail