David: Please take note that I employed the term 'believer' knowing of this sectarian distinction you are given to. Perhaps you move in insular circles where such an outcome would be the case. I do not and, it would not. Should you wish to pursue the matter further David, I'll simply mention Rikk Watts & Denis Lamoreaux. The foregoing are two 'believers', both of whom are thoroughly informed and, would likely not be in agrreement with you re: Gen 1-11. This is for the record, as it were. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Sent: March 18, 2006 11:26
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Physics, Astronomy and Genesis chapters 1-11

Lance, part of our difficulty in communicating on this is our definition of
"believer."  I think you have discerned in the past that I use the term
Christian in a broad sense of those who claim Christianity as their
religion.  We would be in agreement in regards to Christians having widely
different interpretations about Gen. 1-11.  On the other hand, the term
"believer" for me takes on a more narrow meaning in the sense of someone who
actually trusts in Jesus Christ.  The term "believer" for me actually
includes non-Christians, but among the Christians included, it is such a
small group who are actually believers that the word is much more narrow
than the term Christian. I think that believers actually do see Gen 1-11 in a very similar way in regards to knowledge they have confidence about, that
is, in regards to the actual message of God being conveyed in the text.
Some believers have more knowledge than others in regards to the subject
matter in Genesis, so what they actually say will vary, but there are not
sharp disagreements among believers in these matters.  For example, if I
were to share my knowledge of Creation, or the Nephilim, or the Noachide
flood, etc., while my knowledge might be greater than many believers in many
of these areas, I expect a lot of hearty amens as opposed to suspicion and
disagreement.

David Miller

----- Original Message ----- From: Lance Muir