El 27/05/16 a les 09:42, Richard PALO ha escrit:
As indicated https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5168 I'm trying to see how to
approach (as suggested) under 4.0
a function field 'searcher' that operates on 'sum' fields as the patch which
worked on 3.8 no longer does.

The issue is that since 4.0 the balance and GL reports are huge and, as such,
somewhat unuseable as they
include *all* accounts, including those with a start balance of 0 *and* no
movements (D/C).

Under the French plan (PCG), I have for example in a company a balance
generating 40 pages of output
for only 28 accounts usually printing on two pages.

NB: there are over 1200 accounts defined in the French plan

Same amount of accounts in spain, so same experience here.

The General Ledger prints 948 pages (!) mostly throw away.

It should be possible to generate [periodic] balance or GL reports including
only the
movements in the period (thus without start balance) as well.

I think this is a common requirement.

This, unfortunately, has turned into a blocker to migrate production to 4.0 for
the moment.

How would a 'searcher' be able to do this in the first place?

As Far as you implement a searcher to search the amount you will be able to filter does records with value != 0.

Is there a good example already implemented in the existing modules to take a
look at?

I think search_receivable_payable will be a good example:

http://hg.tryton.org/modules/account/file/tip/party.py#l126

To me, it still seems more logical to have a global 'default' option 'with
start balance'
and only, always, generate accounts with movements.

For me it should be an option disabled by default so the user can check.

(That is, generating 'all' accounts is perhaps something that could better be
done from
configure->accounts or perhaps a even a new report under account plan)

I'd like to solicit other experiences/observations/suggestions from the
community.

cheers

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana