On 2017-03-09 20:15, Ul wrote:
> Am 09.03.2017 um 19:13 schrieb Cédric Krier:

> >> this way i have the supplier Lot as a independent Lot that is nicely
> >> integrated in my tree. for example: http://pasteboard.co/HpSrF4dk8.png
> >> The lots with a party as origin are supplier lots, and with the context
> >> menu i can change to the supplier or the shipment..
> >
> > I do not understand.
> > For me, there is no independent lot possible. Your internal lot should
> > always come from the same supplier lot. So the information about
> > supplier lot could be stored on the lot. But of course you can add a
> > Function field on stock move to show it next to the lot.
> Yes, the internal lot always comes from the same supplier lot. But
> several supplier shipments can ship the same supplier lot.

That's not a problem if you store them on the lot, you can store many
times the same supplier lot. I even think we should have the same design
as for party identifier.

> I want to
> create a new internal lot at each shipment to track the internal lot
> back to the shipment. This is the main reason to have an extra internal
> lot.

I do not follow why this goal requires to add a new field.

> The other reason is, that some suppliers have lot numbers with more
> than 15 digits and i don't want to type them all the time.
> The supplier lot has to have a full line in the lot table to be
> searchable as any other lot.

I do not understand.

> Yes, it would be possible with a many2one field in the internal lot. But
> to include the relation in my tree i would need a function field in move
> and i would still need a custom query with a union for the tree. So for
> me it seems more complicated this way as i want to handle and display
> this relation as the other relations.

This is a simplification for the developer but for the user it is not as
he has to enter both lot on each move. Without talking about integrity
error, how will you prevent a user to encode on a move a lot and a wrong
supplier lot?

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com