Dear Sergi,

Thanks for the response.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Sergi Almacellas Abellana <se...@koolpi.com
> wrote:

> El 29/03/18 a les 09:19, Khurram Shahzad ha escrit:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have defined a model class with some attributes, methods for setting
> > default values and on_change() event listener. How can I instantiate it
> > so that I can have its attributes initialized automatically by
> > default_??? methods and when user make some change to fields, the
> > on_change() event gets fired.
>
> When you instantiate a model from code default values and on_change are
> not applied. This is done on client side.
>

> > In fact, I will show a list of such objects to user and when user is
> > done with entering data, and save them when he clicks 'Process' button
> > of wizard.
>
> What is the user behavior here? It has to create the records or it has
> to update some data?

In fact, we are working on duty roster management. I run a wizard, which
shows list of employees and months. The user selects a month and an
employee. When employee changes, I fill a One2Many field which contains as
many records as days. Here I want default values for every day, like
default shift. I also want that when user changes a shift for a day, its
time is displayed in next column.

> Best way is to show a One2Many field on the wizard. If the user has to
> create the records just leave it empty an let them fill the records. If
> you have to modify some existing records, just return the ids of the
> records as default value and the client will show the record with all
> the values of the view.

I am doing the same; but I can not leave the records empty. Moreover, I
also want to respond to change events of each record.

> In both cases the client will automatically call the defaults and
> on_change required for user actions.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Thanks again.

Regards,