On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:29:52AM -0500, Minko Minkov wrote:
> hello guys,
> I don't know what is your experience with DVDs but I have a little
> problem. I use mplayer and it works fine, but when the DVD-ROM strats
> reading from the DVD the picture and the sound stops for a while. There
> was a suggestion to increase the cache. Even with the maximum cache of
> 32768 it still kept pausing while reading from the media. If anyone has
> an idea how to fix that I'll be glad. Thanks
> Minko

I experience this with my DVD player in my office as well.  I
found that copying the entire DVD image to my hard drive makes it
go away.  It seemed to be some kind of IDE throughput problem for
me.  I don't know why.

You have to have some free hard drive space though.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>