Hristo,

I don't have much time available, but if you can post
your schema and a test program, I will see if I can
make it work here.

I'm curious to know if Andrea managed to get this 
working.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Hristo Kosev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: autoincrement and key retriving


> --- Scott Eade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: "Hristo Kosev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Here's my schema dtd definition at the top of my
> > > schema xml.
> > > <!DOCTYPE app-data SYSTEM
> > >
> >
> "http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd";>
> > 
> > Can you validate the file using an xml parser?
> 
> I validated it(using XML Spy). It said "valid".
> 
> > > 
> > > And I get the addDetails() and getDetailss() in my
> > > BaseRequest file. I confirm that.
> > 
> > Good - that confirms the foreign key is set up
> > correctly.
> 
> Yes they are. I took a look at the Peer classes. They
> look good too.
> 
> > > I forgot to tell you that I have set up the
> > idMethod
> > > for the REQUEST table to "none"(although the
> > > autoIncrement of the ID is set to "true") and it's
> > my
> > > mistake, sorry. But I did it because when I set
> > the
> > > idMethod to "autoincrement" when I save the
> > Request a
> > > new row is inserted properly into the table
> > REQUEST
> > > but I get a NullPointerException and no insert is
> > done
> > > to the Details table. When I set the idMethod to
> > > "done" two inserts are done but I said previously 
> > > with NULL foreign key(DETAILS -> REQUEST).
> > 
> > With idMethod set to "none" I doubt if you will see
> > things
> > working as I described them.  You need an idMethod
> > of "autoincrement" ("idbroker" probably works as
> > well).
> > 
> > You need to focus on and eliminate the
> > NullPointerException.
> > Hopefully the xml parser will point out something
> > wrong in
> > your schema when you validate it.
> > 
> > Scott
> 
> As I said XML Spy validated the schema file, so....
> I have no ideas how to eliminate this
> NullPointerException. It's frustrating... May be this
> version of Turbine has some bugs after all. I start
> thinking about an update from the CVS with the latest
> 3.0 version and I hope it works there.
> 
> Hristo Kosev
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
> http://im.yahoo.com
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to