Ohh I forgot, you don't need to restart the server if you
have changed your server.xml to tell catalina/tomcat to reload
classes for your project/context. I think server.xml is in
tdkrootdir/conf/. There is an example in there already on
how to do this for the newapp/testapp. just search for
reload=
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Merritt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, 27 September 2001 10:22 AM
> To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> Subject: RE: Newbie: When do screens get compiled?
>
>
> Ahh... good tip about the ant alias, I'm definately doing this right now!
>
> Thanks...
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Huy Do [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 4:06 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Newbie: When do screens get compiled?
>
>
> This is what i do.
>
> After you change any source code, go into your build directory
> and just type
> ant, which will run the default compile task. I've actually got an alias
> like this
> which does this (cd project-dir/build; ant) so i can rebuild from
> anywhere.
>
> Huy
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Scott Merritt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Sent: Thursday, 27 September 2001 6:27 AM
> > To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> > Subject: Newbie: When do screens get compiled?
> >
> >
> > I've installed and been playing around with Turbine for a
> couple days now
> > and am starting development. I'm confused at what point the
> > screen classes
> > get compiled? If I make a modification to the screen template
> > (Index.vm) it
> > gets reflected when I refresh the page but the associated
> > Index.java doesn't
> > get recompiled.
> >
> > Is the common practice to compile the source into the appropriate
> > directory
> > and restart the server?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]