On Aug 14, 2007, at 6:50 PM, stephen emslie wrote:

> I'd like to pull a regular TurboGears widget into a project using
> ToscaWidgets. The TurboGears widget is rendering with kid, and I would
> like to have it included into my genshi template. ToscaWidgets appears
> to handle the kid-to-genshi part well, but the kid-based widget needs
> to be a ToscaWidget for the correct conversions to happen.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to wrap a TurboGears widget with the smarter
> ToscaWidgets rendering behaviour?

There's no easy way (read: without a heck-lot-of-monkey-patching-
unlikely-to-succeed) to use a TG widget inside a TW widget precisely
because of the conversion being done between different template
languages.

However, both APIs are quite similar so if the widget you're trying
to port is not very complex it should be fairly easy to port. Send me
a link to it and I'll try to look and give you a head-start on how it
could be ported.

Alberto