Hello,

If we're supposed to be in a feature-freeze, that's for people to be confident
that from now on things aren't going to change, unless a critical bug has to
be fixed, so that they can start building software and writing about TG2 with
the guarantee that their product isn't going to expire some days later.

I love to see TG2 evolve, but that this has been applied in the feature-frozen
branch I'm using to write a short series of articles using TG2 and that it
already out dates the first article (which was delivered)... It really bothers
me.

If I can't trust that we were serious when we announced that feature freeze,
then I'll switch over to a truly stable framework for my next article.

On the other hand, independent of the article I wrote, I think we must comply
with the feature freeze strictly, specially in non-trivial changes like this
(splitting a function into three ones, defined in newly-created modules each).

The more complex a change is, the more chances to introduce a bug. And at this
point we shouldn't take the risk of introducing bugs, but just fix the
remaining ones.

Finally, I think this change has to be moved to the upcoming 2.1 branch
(trunk, when there's a 2.0 branch). I love the idea, I think think it's
reasonable, but I think it's too late to go in v2.0. Otherwise, this will be
bad for PRs.

Cheers,

  =Gustavo

--
Gustavo Narea <xri://=Gustavo>.
| Tech blog: =Gustavo/(+blog)/tech  ~  About me: =Gustavo/about |