Hello,

On Monday March 23, 2009 18:46:56 percious wrote:
> Honestly guys, if you want a bug for this change I can produce one in
> about 30 seconds.
>
> $ paster quickstart tgtest
> $ cd tgtest
> $ paster setup-app development.ini
> <change model>
> $ pastser setup-app development.ini
> <error ensues>
>
> My change fixes this bug and is a minor refactor.  This is the biggest
> reason I re-wrote that code, and if you want me to post a bug on it I
> will.  And I agree with Jorge, it's not an api change due to the fact
> that the same external imports are functional.

I maintain that it's an backwards-compatible, API change.

But I mostly agree with you here. While I don't see that as a blocker issue, I
do think it's something we should fix by 2.0 Final.

And I'd fix it in a unobtrusive/conservative way: Implementing that try/except
block in setup_app() itself.

> API = application programming interface,
> ~ not ~
> application programming internals.

Code generated along with the application is not internal at all, at least
from my point of view.

Cheers,
--
Gustavo Narea <xri://=Gustavo>.
| Tech blog: =Gustavo/(+blog)/tech  ~  About me: =Gustavo/about |