On Jun 26, 2006, at 5:10 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

I'm looking at the Invoker/interceptor contribution mechanism and I'd like to propose to make them actual components. Currently an interceptor is not a component, it's an object added to an invocation chain by a Builder component. I think that if an invoker or interceptor could just be a component then we would have a better continuity in terms of programming model between application components, mediation components, components implementing various business or system policies and interceptor components contributing runtime behavior.

That's a good idea and kind of what we presumed in the core2 extension model. Basically, an interceptor can be something newed up by the builder or autowired as a component to it. I think it is a matter of individual style but (e.g. some interceptors do not need the overhead of being a component), as you said, having it as a component makes it open to management and monitoring. I'd like to make sure, though, we mention both ways are valid.

Any thoughts?