This looks cool.

Graham Charters has been looking at similar things for a PHP programming model - if you haven't had chance yet you should sync up with him.
--
Jeremy

On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:08 AM, ant elder wrote:

I've had a go at adding support for introspection of JavaScript components
and wondered if anyone had any comments.

As JavaScript is untyped and doesn't have the concept of annotations its not possible to have this work as well as with Java components. How I've done it is to have the script define a object named SCA which defines the component
configuration.

There's a sample introspectable script at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/ containers/container.javascript/src/test/resources/org/apache/ tuscany/container/javascript/function/IntrospectableHelloWorld.js

There'd be nested objects defining any references and properties, and WSDL
interfaces could be described something like:

SCA = {
  'wsdlServiceName' : 'myservice'
  'wsdlPortName' : 'myPort'
}

Comments? I think this makes script components simpler than using the
.componentType side file, but what do others think?