I was surprised to see a large subset of the jars in the SDO binary
distribution duplicated within the samples distribution.  This seems
redundant given that I (and presumably most SDO users) will have not
only downloaded the samples but also downloaded the full set of
SDO jars in the binary distribution.

An alternative that seems more logical and convenient would be for
the samples distribution to contain only the samples, in a directory
structure that can be overlaid on the directory structure produced
by the unzipped SDO binary distribution.  So users who want both the
binary distribution and the samples would create a target directory,
unzip the binary disitrbution into that directory, and then unzip
the samples distribution into the same directory.

I was also surprised that there is javadoc in the samples
distribution but no javadoc (or documentation of any kind) in the
binary distribution.  I was expecting the binary distribution to be
an SDK for SDO users (application developers), containing javadoc
for the SDO APIs together with other developer documentation
(e.g., how to run XSD2JavaGenerator).  It seems undesirable to
require developers to have internet connectivity in order to
access this documentation.

  Simon

kelvin goodson wrote:

I have made available an RC2 release candidate for SDO for Java at
http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/RC2/

The main differences from RC1a are

Tuscany JIRAs 115 and 755 are fixed
The source distribution has been split (re-split) into specification and
implementation archives after discussion on the tuscany-dev mailing list
The samples are distributed as a separate standalone archive containing
sample source code, java doc and all required binary artifacts.
The EMF dependency jar is now the non-snapshot 2.2.1 version.

Best Regards, Kelvin.