On 11/15/06, Hawkins, Joel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Wengatz, Nicole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:23 AM
To: Hawkins, Joel
Cc: Jim Marino; Wengatz, Nicole; Jasny, Robert
Subject: RE: Bundles and OSGi

I performed now some tests with BuddyClassLoader. The core bundle gets
an entry 'Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered'
and the other bundles register at the core bundle. If the core bundle
requires classes it searches in the registered
buddies. The performance seems to bad a little bit worser (but still in
milliseconds). After the core bundle loaded a class
from one of the other bundles (e.g. B) you cannot refresh bundle B. If
you would like to update bundle B you have to
refresh the core and again all bundles get refreshed.
BuddyClassLoading is not part of OSGi R4, but part of Eclipse. Eclipse
guys are planning to bring it into OSGI R4.1.

This worries me a little as I would not like to think that the only
OSGi implementation that was supported was Eclipse's. When is 4.1 due
and/or does, for example, Felix offer something similar to this?

--
Jeremy