Jeremy Boynes wrote:

On 11/15/06, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Having a separate source distro for the SCA spec API makes sense
to me.  I see that your download page
   http://people.apache.org/~rfeng/tuscany/incubator-M2/downloads/
has already been updated to add this.

I'm not so convinced that we should be delivering spec API files
for commonj timer and work manager as part of the Tuscany SCA
source distros.  These are APIs that we are using rather than
APIs that we are implementing.  At the present time, we need to
provide these files so that the SCA kernel can build, but I think
we should be looking to eliminate them from our source distro
as soon as possible and reference another source for these.

If one's available that would be good - we originally used the one
from Geronimo but that had problems and once fixed didn't fit our
release schedule. BTW we do have an implementation of work manager
thanks to Meeraj.

The Tuscany SCA javadoc distro currently has the commonj APIs as
well as the SCA APIs and the Tuscany APIs.  I think we should
remove the commonj APIs from this javadoc but retain the SCA APIs
and the Tuscany APIs.

We're distributing per-module javadoc through maven as that fits the
expectations of the IDEs - see previous discussion on this. We could
mirror the spec javadoc on the download site. I don't think we should
mix spec doc with tuscany doc (api/spi) as it breaks our modularity
story.

I don't understand how this would break modularity.  Users of the
Tuscany api/spi javadoc will always need the spec javadoc as well.
Packaging them together enables Tuscany SCA developers to get all
this javadoc with a single download rather than needing to do
multiple downloads and manually combine the results.  For those who
need separate per-module javadoc because of IDE requirements,
it will be available from maven.

Jeremy

Simon C Nash   IBM Distinguished Engineer
Hursley Park, Winchester, UK   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +44-1962-815156   Fax +44-1962-818999