To run the samples, as we have not cut a release yet, you will need
to manually create a distribution. This should be pretty
straightforward:

1. In /kernel do 'mvn'
2. In /runtime/standalone run 'mvn'
3. In /core-samples/common run 'mvn install'
4. In /core-samples/ run 'mvn install'
5. Run the calculator:

Just a suggestion, isn't much simpler to have a profile defined where it
would run necessary modules for specific scenarios (e.g running standalone
samples) ? The we can redirect the users to something like mvn -P
<standalone samples> or a more appropriated profile name.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

On 2/28/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 28, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Simon Laws wrote:

> After talking a few  weeks ago about how best to build Java I got
> distracted
> doing PHP SCA things. Anyhow I have actually got back to trying it
> out.
>
> * I checked out head and the integration branch with the aim of
> running up
> the calculator sample.
> * I built Head using Raymond's splendid script [1] (maybe that
> should be in
> svn somewhere ;-) and most of it seemed OK. I get the following error.

> T E S T S
> Running
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.standalone.smoketest.SmokeTestAssemblyC
> on
> tent
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.14 sec
> Running
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.standalone.smoketest.SmokeTestLauncher
> Tests run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 11.657 sec
> <<< F
> AILURE!
> testLauncherUsage(
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.standalone.smoketest.SmokeTestL
> auncher)  Time elapsed: 0.812 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<......> but was:<...
> ...>
>        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:81)
>        at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals (Assert.java:87)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.standalone.smoketest.CommandTestCase.c
> ompareOutput(CommandTestCase.java:37)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.standalone.smoketest.SmokeTestLauncher
> .testLauncherUsage(SmokeTestLauncher.java:40)
>
> Not sure if this is significant.
This would be significant but I think this may be caused by the
script you are running as the trunk build system is significantly
different than the one in branch. The trunk has been stable for me.

To run the samples, as we have not cut a release yet, you will need
to manually create a distribution. This should be pretty
straightforward:

1. In /kernel do 'mvn'
2. In /runtime/standalone run 'mvn'
3. In /core-samples/common run 'mvn install'
4. In /core-samples/ run 'mvn install'
5. Run the calculator:

java -jar ../../../runtime/standalone/smoketest/target/assembly/bin/
launcher.jar target/calc.jar add 2 5

You should see 'result = 7.0'

The launcher syntax is java -jar <path to distribution> <path to
application>

The two parameters '2' and '5' are for the application.

You can also do the same with the loan application statefull
conversational sample except you will not need to build the common
module (Step 3) and instead build /core-samples/loanapplication. Then
run:

java -jar ../../../runtime/standalone/smoketest/target/assembly/bin/
launcher.jar target/loan-application.jar

If you want to remove debug, do (adjusting for your IDE, this works
with IDEA):

java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -
Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005 -
jar ../../../runtime/standalone/smoketest/target/assembly/bin/
launcher.jar target/loan-application.jar target/loan-application.jar

And start up remote debugging in your IDE. You can also run the
launcher directly in the IDE. If you need to run integration tests,
we have a JUnit component type that is part of the iTest pluging.
This makes righting tests easy as you just create a TestCase and
configure it as an SCA component.

Sorry for having to manually create the distro but once we have the
release set, things should be as simple as just using java -jar <path
to launcher> <sample app>.

Let me know how you get along.

Jim