Hi Fuhwei,

Sure.  The ecore2ecore model maps one ecore model to another.

Here's a real world scenario that I'm using it for that will hopefully make it clearer.

1) I generate an ecore model from the maven pom v400 xml schema.
2) I map this model using ecore2ecore to another model I created (LibrarySpecDescriptor) 3) I load maven pom.xml instances and use the ecore2ecore processor to create corresponding LibrarySpecDescriptor instances (That are passed to a JET template for generating RPM Spec files).

So the Ecore2Ecore model describes how EClassifiers of two different models relate, as well as howthe EStructuralFeatures of the two models map.

The processor will create a target model instance, given a source model instance.

SDO Scenario:
Suppose you had an SDO model: PurchaseOrderVersion1

Later you create a newer version: PurchaseOrderVersion2

PurchaseOrderVersion2 has features and classes that map to PurchaseOrderVersion1 In addition PurchaseOrderVersion2 has additional features and classes that map to SupplierVersion1

So you wish to create PurchaseOrderVersion2 instances from PurchaseOrderVersion1 instances, along with SupplierVersion1 instances.

You could use Ecore2Ecore to map the models and then the Ecore2EcoreProcessor to create the PurchaseOrderVersion2 instances.

Does that help?

Please let me know if need to elaborate on certain areas.

Thanks,
- Ole

Fuhwei Lwo wrote:
Hi Ole,

I am no EMF expert. Can you help me understand what this Ecore2Ecore Model and
Processor is used for? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Fuhwei Lwo

Ole Ersoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,

I've created an Ecore2Ecore Model and Processor.

I was wondering if this might find a home in Tuscany?

The model maps one ecore model to another. It's different from the Eclipse implementation (Thought it was tricky to use),
but I tried to reuse the naming of objects as much as possible.

The processor will take a source model instance and create the corresponding target model.

Here is the URL:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/oersoy/rpm.factory.all/ecore2ecore.model.parent

Cheers,
- Ole