I think this issue will be raised again and again every time new members
come to try Tuscany trunk, and this is very bad for a project that is trying
to build a community.  Also, trying to quote an article Jim Marino sent from
Martin Fowler about Continuous Integration [1] :

"Automated environments for builds are a common feature of systems. The Unix
world has had make for decades, the Java community developed Ant, the .NET
community has had Nant and now has MSBuild. Make sure you can build and
launch your system using these scripts using a single command.

A common mistake is not to include everything in the automated build....."

also, this has been already discussed in various other threads [2] [3].

Based on this, I'll start a VOTE around a proposal to get a set of profiles
to allow for building the trunk in a more automated way.

[1] - http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/continuousIntegration.html
[2] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg14658.html
[3] - http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg15303.html