http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg15978.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg15991.html

r522186
r521957

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg15318.html
in relation to
r517804

And, of course, the code in SVN.

Lastly, we've been here before - r419320

--
Jeremy

On Mar 27, 2007, at 2:35 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

"the wholesale, revolutionary rewrite of the kernel"...Pointers please
to exact emails.

thanks,
dims

On 3/27/07, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nice diagram, Raymond, thanks for putting this together.

What I'm struggling with is that this seems fairly similar to the way
the code is organized now. Most of the boxes there already exist and
have interfaces to abstract away their implementation. Everything in
"Cross-cutting system services" is that way and the same for
"Container/Binding/Databinding/IDL Extensions" and "Pluggable
Federations."

These are all components implemented using the Tuscany "system"
programming model - basically, a simplified, POJO based IoC model
decorated (to the least extent possible) with SCA annotations. Each
of those components already has an interface to define the function
it provides.

We assemble those components using SCA assembly. That makes sense to
me because as an SCA runtime we have to support SCA assembly - so not
only will we need the code to do that, it makes things familiar to
users as there is a common language. We could assemble the runtime
another way, for example using Spring XML or Java code, but then
users need to be familiar with two assembly mechanisms and that seems
like confusing and unnecessary complexity.

One reason the SPI module is so large is that it does define many the
interfaces for the components in you diagram. I think there is room
for a reorganization there to clarify the usage of those interfaces.
I would propose we start with that rather than the wholesale,
revolutionary rewrite of the kernel that has been suggested.

--
Jeremy

-- Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services Developers