On Mar 28, 2007, at 12:51 AM, ant elder wrote:

Here's the vote on this I said [1] I'd start to get closure on this issue.

The proposal is to have top-level pom for the Java SCA project that enables building all the modules together - kernel, services, runtimes, extensions etc, and for that to work all those modules need to use the same version
name.

Here's my +1.

  ...ant

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/ msg16024.html

There has been no proposal for how to resolve the issue about building extensions using multiple versions of kernel and how modules on different release schedules requiring different levels of kernel or plugins will be handled.

Until we can come up with a solution for these issues, I feel I have to vote against the proposal.

-1

Jim