Dims,

Sorry, I can't speak on behalf of Jim or Jeremy.

As for me, this is only the second time I have voted -1, the other one being
the one on interfaced based models, which has been withdrawn since then. On
this particular vote, I am ok to go with -0, it was a misunderstaning on my
part on how voting worked. I thought, the rule was there should be more +1s
than -1s and at least three +1s.

As Jim mentioned in one of the previous emails, there is a fundamental
difference that has been evolving between two groups of people, in terms of
what technical direction we should take. There have been laudable efforts from
both sides (especially from the likes of Raymond, Sebastien, Simon, Jim and
Jeremy) to reconcile the differences and move on. However, the plain fact is
that those diffeerences have not been resolved yet and I am not sure whether
they would, given they are quite fundamental.

On your point on projects being thrown out of the incubator, I wouldn't want
that to happen to Tuscany. Lot of people have put in a lot of effort on this. I
am willing to keep the discussions going. At the end of the day, if I
personally can't resolve the technical differences, I would maintain my dignity
and step out of the way and let the community carry on. However, that would be
a last resort for me, I would continue to work with the guys here and try to
reconcile the differences.

On your point on the "Be Nice" vote, I have been thinking hard on the actual
motivation of that vote. I don't think anyone has been disrespectful to anyone
on the list so far. We have had our differences, and we have tried to discuss
them as grown up individuals. Hence, I didn't really understand the purpose of
that vote.

Ta
Meeraj