On 5/25/07, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Since we now export the wiki content for our website, we need to follow
some
guidelines from now on when adding content to the wiki.

1) First we need to steam line our menus to follow some scheme.  for
example
have one top level menu set that has General, Tuscany SCA , SDO and DAS
(as
we have it now).  So all pages that are general will have these options in
the navigation bar on the left.  Once into SCA or SDO or DAS we could have
another set of menu options for each with probably the General always
tagging on so that the user can get back to Home or other generic things.
All pages falling under SCA (say) should have the same set of options
unless
we have a sub-item with SCA that gets to have lots of options and hence
must
have its own menu - for example Java SCA.  When zeroing on the menu
options
we have to make sure we only have general things there.  For example
architecture docs, programming guides, release process docs could all go
under 'Documentation' and the documentation page can provide a link to all
the documents as its first page instead of each of the docs featuring as a
menu item.

2) I have created a separate hierarchy of pages for Menus.  We must not
hardcode or embed menus inside pages.  Its good to create separate Menu
Pages and then include them the various content pages.  And then when
creating a Menu Page ensure it goes into the Menus hierarchy and does not
get mixed with content pages

3) Once having created a Menu Page it would be good to go over and create
template page using that menu.  For this you need to go to the 'Template'
tab in the 'Browse Space' page and add a template.  In the template can
typically contain the section, column and the include macro for the Menu.
Once a template is created new pages can be created from this template and
these pages will readily have the menus embeded in them with just the page
content to be filled out. This will help in avoind cut/pase of menus in
each
page.

4) When composing content from now on we have to use 'Heading Styles' to
demarcate various portions of the content.  We could use h1, h2... h5 to
create a hierarchy in the content.  Other than heading styles we must
avoid
other ways of creating sections in the content to show some sort of
hierarchy.  Having the content done this way could lead to a cleaner
export
to the website using stylesheets.

5) I have moved a whole bunch of pages to a separate hierarchy called 'To
Be
Deleted'.  It would good if people can take a look at them as see if its
fine.  Also if you find anything else that must be deleted simply make the
parent of that page as 'To Be Deleted'.  We will delete all of these pages
in a few weeks.

6) The banner portion looks empty but for the logo in the left end.  It
would be good to have that space filled with something ;-)

So thats as much I can recollect on things that I wanted to share.  If
anybody has more to add to this you are welcome.

Thanks

- Venkat

Not sure I understand all this so probably the best way is to try to add
something...I want to make a page documenting <implementation.script> so i
guess that goes in "Java SCA" somewhere and is linked to from
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Subproject,
could you give a brief outline of how and where i should do that?