On 18/07/07, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 18/07/07, Brady Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Thanks for trying out the ant build scripts.
>
> Regarding core.dir, you're right, the name will need to change. I can do
> that no problem.
>
> As for the "tuscanySCA.root.dir" : Your suggestion will work if you only
> execute ant from the root directory, but not if you execute ant from the
> runtime/core/src directory. That's why I put it in the
> platform.properties, which is accessed by all build.xml's. Its better
> ant coding style to have anything that needs to be configured in a
> properties file, not in an ant build.xml file.

Yes... I realized that would limit you to running ant from the top
level. So, as most of the info in platform.properties can be deduced
would a better solution be to have a top level (or in antscripts dir)
platform-properties.xml that
 a) imports platform.properties for any overrides
 b) sets the properties conditional on the platform.

e.g.
     <condition property="lib.ext" value='.so' '>
       <os family='linux'/>
     </condition>
     <condition property="lib.ext" value='.dll' '>
       <os family='windows'/>
     </condition>
     <condition property="lib.ext" value='.dylib '>
       <os family='MacOSX?????'/>
     </condition>

the build.xml files would all import this top level file:

Pete

--
Pete