Hi Simon,

Thanks for responding.  Please see my comments inline.

- Venkat

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been working on modifying the existing bigbank demo to include
> > security (things that have been tried and working in the securie-bigbank
> > demo).
> >
> > All seemed fine, until I tried the modified bigbank demo from a
> > distribution.  One of things we do now is aggregating the various
> > definitions.xml in META-INF/services since we now allow various modules
> > and
> > contributions to have their own definitions.xml if needs be.
> >
> >  In a distro all of these definitions.xml are aggregated into a single
> > file
> > using the shade transformer.  I end up with a definitions.xml that has
> > multiple <sca:definitions> elements but no root.  Also there seems to be
> > multiple 'xml' declarations - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>.
> > All
> > these creates trouble for the XMLStreamReader.  At the present moment I
> am
> > thinking of the following :
> >
> > 1) In the Definitions Document Processor prepend and append the xml with
> > dummy elements so that there is a root element
> >
> > 2) Either strip all the duplicate xml declarations when doing step (1)
> or
> > go
> > an manually delete this in all the definitions.xml in our modules
> >
> > Though most of it has been tried and works, I feel its like some 'trick
> > code' and could give us troubles in maintainability.  Does anybody have
> > better idea to deal with this ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > - Venkat
>

> Hi Venkat
>
> Can I just clarify that you are saying that you are having problems
> because
> of the way that the shader plugin is aggregating the definitions.xml files
> that now appear in various extension modules, e.g. binding-ws-axis2,
> poilcy-logging et. and that this is not specifically related to the
> bingbank
> demo or to the way that Tuscany subsequently aggregates the contents is
> finds in definitions.xml files.

Yes I am talking about aggregating the definitions.xml files from the
various modules.  The shade plugin is working alright.  This is not specific
to the bigbank demo - more a general problem.  I think I have been caught on
wrong foot trying to use this META-INF/services aggregation for the
definitions.xml file as well. :(

> Does definitions.xml have to appear in META-INF/services. Could we, for
> example, further qualify the definitions.xml file by putting it in a
> directory that represents the name of the extension module to which it
> refers? Or does that make it difficult to pick them up generically?

I did think of including the extension module where it is defined, but then
we must enlist all extension modules then or in otherwords enlist the
locations of these definitions.xml file somewhere.  Am not sure if we can
search for resources using regular expressions - something like
/*/definitions.xml.

Thanks.