Hi,

In the latest binding-ws-axis2 code, we always have module "rampart" activated in [1]. Consequently, rampart gets on the way for all Axis2 based binding.ws invocations. The worst part is that one of the rampart handlers try to read some data from the SOAP envelope and it forces the whole OMElement to be fully loaded before it is sent to the HTTP. This behavior pretty much defeats the performance optimization I'm working on to wrap JAXB objects into a SourcedOMElement so that the JAXB objects will only be serialized once when the message is sent to the HTTP connection.

I understand rampart is configured to support WS-Security. But I don't think we should always pay the penalty in the cases where WS-Security is not required at all. Is there an option to turn on/off Rampart conditionally (maybe by some code in tuscany-policy-security-ws)?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/binding-ws-axis2/src/main/resources/org/apache/tuscany/sca/binding/ws/axis2/engine/config/axis2.xml