Here's my two cents on ide's for Python. Idle... It's got a nice color scheme but it's tkinter gui is a bit dated and it's short many of the built-in convenience features. PyWin... Slightly better, but still feels weak to me. Win32 specific though. PyCrust (and it's derivatives) last I knew were included with wxPython the gui toolkit. wasn't a big fan of them. SPE. Just installed it yesterday and used it today on a sizable web service/plpythonu program. I was pleased in general with the color scheme, I liked the vertical lines showing indentation down through the document. I tried a couple of the fun frilly features like the run, debug and explorer a bit. It's interesting enough to keep me coming back for a bit. Jedit. Java editor. Really my swiss-army knife of development. I use it for Perl, PHP, asp, JSP, Java, Python, C++...blah blah blah... Komodo - untried, but the screenies look decent. Eclipse - tried it, found the one plugin to be ok. Seemed a bit overkill for my usual python work Boa Constructor (Mostly RAD Gui Development) complex, but very useful for those wxPython projects.
Top Three: Jedit Idle (surprise!) SPE Norman Silverstone wrote: >> sorry for the self reply. I got motivated and largely got SPE to use >> the IDLE colour scheme. I've emailed it to Ismael. If anyone else want >> is, write me privately. >> > > Just out of interest I use Ubuntu Linux and gedit is the editor. > > Norman > > _______________________________________________ > Tutor maillist - [email protected] > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor > > _______________________________________________ Tutor maillist - [email protected] http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor
