Hi,
environment: Python 2.7, Ubuntu 12.4 Linux

I am trying to get the list of directories shown by tkFileDialog.askdirectory to not show hidden files (starting with .)

this code results in lots of hidden directories listed in the interface making things harder than they need to be for the user.

#! /usr/bin/python
import Tkinter, tkFileDialog
root = Tkinter.Tk()
root.withdraw()

dirname = tkFileDialog.askdirectory(parent=root,initialdir="/home/chris/",title='Pick a directory')

How can I filter out these hidden directories?
Help(tkFileDialog) doesn't help me as it just shows **options, but doesn't show what these options might be.