Sorry, I've just realised that my previous message was wrong - please delete it. I now see that the key in question is actually a Python for Windows Extensions key. The problem appears to lie in the Python for Windows Extensions 32-bit installer not recognising any of the new Python 3.5 32-bit keys. I'll have to find some way of contacting the Python for Windows Extensions developers to ask them which key the installer is looking for, and then try to determine why I don't have it.

Pete

Subject: Python 3.5 32-bit installer not creating standard registry key
Date: 2015-09-14 15:46
From: Pete <p...@leptonyx.com>
To: tutor@python.org

Hi there,

I am looking for the best place to post a problem I'm having with Python 3.5.

The 64-bit installer works fine, creating among other 64-bit registry keys a generic one called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\pywin32-py3.5. Installing Python for Windows Extensions afterwards works fine as its installer looks for this particular key on installation.

However, the 32-bit Python 3.5 installer does not create a similar generic key in the 32-bit registry, meaning that I can't install Python for Windows Extensions 32-bit afterwards.

This problem did not occur with Python 3.4 which correctly installed both keys (with 3.4 in the key name instead of 3.5).

Pete