Thanks Laura.

In the end I posted the bug to Python for Windows Extensions (http://sourceforge.net/p/pywin32/bugs/702/) because I suspect that the fault may well lie with the PWE installer.

If I don't get any resolution there then I'll post to the Python bugs link you kindly list. However, if you recommend that I post in both places now then I'll do that.

Pete

On 2015-09-14 18:10, Laura Creighton wrote:
In a message of Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:53:16 +0100, Pete writes:

Sorry, I've just realised that my previous message was wrong - please
delete it. I now see that the key in question is actually a Python for
Windows Extensions key. The problem appears to lie in the Python for
Windows Extensions 32-bit installer not recognising any of the new
Python 3.5 32-bit keys. I'll have to find some way of contacting the
Python for Windows Extensions developers to ask them which key the
installer is looking for, and then try to determine why I don't have it.

Pete

post a bug here:
http://bugs.python.org/

Laura