On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 01:39, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 01:14:50AM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> > I do have a way to crash Tux Paint using a library bug:
> >
> > 1. choose text tool
> > 2. click on screen
> > 3. type pH
> > 4. set bold, italic, and the largest size
> > 5. try every font you have
> >
> > It took me about 30 to 60 tries before I hit a bad one.
>
> Trying now.  (I've got a LOT of fonts :^) )

This one will do the job:
http://luneelfique.free.fr/elvishring.otf

See it as small non-bold non-italic first, and you'll
know why it causes trouble.

> BTW, it looks like Tux Paint is reloading the font and/or re-rendering
> the text when the selector is scrolled.  I'll see if I can stop that,
> as it just slows things down.

No. Be careful!

It'll reload whenever it needs a font it hasn't used before.
So it'll be slow scrolling down, and then fast scrolling up.
It'll stay fast until you touch the text controls.

The reload is required AFAIK, since the SDL_ttf library won't
allow a size change without reloading.

The alternative is insane I think. The number of fonts that
would need to be kept open would be:

families * 4 * number_of_sizes