On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:51 PM, jeffrey marousek wrote:

> nbc has been threatening to drop early today for years now. every summer we
> get a survey asking the affiliates about not having it available.  every year
> they renew it, it is a surprise to our programming exec.

There was once a time (late 1997/early 1998) when I had to show up at the
office at 3:30 A.M. to work on the closed-captioning of "NBC News at Sunrise,"
the predecessor to "Early Today."  Back then, the start time was 5:00.  I was
surprised any home viewers could even read the captions at that hour, in their
bleary-eyed states.  I'm sure it's even worse at 4:00.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>