Kevin M, to moi:

> Hang in there Bob. It can't be easy for you, but I suspect it would be
> harder for you to not do it.
>

> I'd love to be relieved of the burden, and concentrate on my own future.

My family, however, resists bringing in outside care of any sort for dad,
not from the fear that insurance won't cover it (it generally does, tho
with clearly-stated exceptions), but from the fear of strange people having
to come to the house, and possibly needing keys to let themselves in.

They appear to fear that what to others is often a welcome sight, is a
danger to them. They're not generally paranoid, this is just a specific
fear they have. I partially blame it on right-wing talk radio, to which dad
still tries to listen every day.