Bob,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As you probably know, I had been dealing
with my own family health care issue and your anecdotes in a way let me know
that what I was going through was not unique.

As you may or may not also know, I lost my wife of 19 years back in August.
While I'm still depending on medication for myself, I am torn between knowing
that she's no longer suffering, thinking that maybe I could have done more, and
extreme guilt for when I feel the momentary relief that I don't have to worry
about her care anymore.

When these feelings hit you, please know that you're not alone and many people
go down the same road. We just don't talk about it every day.

-Stan