It is good, and they got off some good observations last night, but it felt
the least well developed of the sketches they have done so far. Trump went
off less because of the content and more because his "strategy" of the week
is to call into question the legitimacy of the election even he now appears
to be expecting to lose.

But I thought last night's SNL episode was unusually strong overall. Emily
Blunt is almost impossible not to like, and she has a great singing voice.
I was noticing that she did not hype her film in the monologue (I saw it
last week - she is great, the film is not), and then appreciated how they
saved that for good effect later in the show. And the sketch they did on
the short films was very strong. I even did not hate Bruno Mars (I usually
can not say that) because I appreciated the dynamic staging of his first
performance, which seemed challenging for a live show.