Meanwhile I have been struggling (until right now successfully) to avoid
posting the obvious criticisms of Graham on social media platforms, only
out of respect to the many people to whom I know Graham was important. In
my young adulthood, I attended several Graham events, and was never much
impressed spiritually. Over the years I became more and more impatient with
his homophobia and sexism, and the longer he persisted in that, the less I
was able to forgive his decided lack of enthusiasm in supporting Civil
Rights in the 60s (he did not oppose it, but if he had been more actively
supportive he probably could have made a big difference). And his son is a
complete disaster.

I’m not glad he’s dead, but the list of people whose death I would spend
more time grieving is very long.