In my own dialogues, I’ve begun to differentiate between Evangelical and
Christian. I don’t believe it is right for any human to judge the faith of
another (I’ve been victimized and fired by people who judged mine), but I
do believe proper definitions/distinctions are important. Graham was an
Evangelical, but his beliefs were oftentimes the opposite of Christian
doctrine. As with PGage, I didn’t wish ill against him, but I do not share
his beliefs, nor do I recognize him as a spiritual or moral leader. He’s
dead; now we have his son to contend with.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 7:28 AM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile I have been struggling (until right now successfully) to avoid
> posting the obvious criticisms of Graham on social media platforms, only
> out of respect to the many people to whom I know Graham was important. In
> my young adulthood, I attended several Graham events, and was never much
> impressed spiritually. Over the years I became more and more impatient with
> his homophobia and sexism, and the longer he persisted in that, the less I
> was able to forgive his decided lack of enthusiasm in supporting Civil
> Rights in the 60s (he did not oppose it, but if he had been more actively
> supportive he probably could have made a big difference). And his son is a
> complete disaster.
>
> I’m not glad he’s dead, but the list of people whose death I would spend
> more time grieving is very long.
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:53 PM stannc <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m in Charlotte which, among other things, is Bill Graham central.
>> The three major networks dumped out of their network morning shows in
>> favor of local coverage.
>> It was odd that WCNC showed local coverage instead of KLG with Meagan
>> Kelley on the Today 9:00 hour doing a tribute to Billy Graham. WBTV used
>> their 9:00an local lifestyle hour to discuss him. It looked like WSOC went
>> to Kelly and Ryan at 9:00.
>> After that I had to work :)
>>
>> -Stan

> Sent from Gmail Mobile