*Popular Szechuan Sauce Returns to McDonald’s Across U.S., and in Northern
California, on Feb. 26*

February 23, 2018—McDonald’s announced that their beloved Szechuan Sauce
will return to restaurants starting on Monday, Feb. 26, including at
Northern California and Reno locations. Twenty-million packets of the
popular sauce will be available across all U.S. McDonald’s restaurants with
a qualifying purchase, while supplies last.

In October 2017, McDonald’s gave away limited amounts of the sauce to a
select number of locations across the U.S., including Northern California,
but the popular sauce quickly ran out. The sauce was launched in response
to customer enthusiasm for the Szechuan sauce, and to introduce the
Buttermilk Crispy Tenders. McDonald’s promised fans that they would bring
the sauce back soon.

McDonald’s truly meant well when they brought back a super-limited batch of
Szechuan Sauce last year, but did not anticipate the high demand for
it.  McDonlad’s
felt it was important to bring back much more sauce this time and give fans
access to the story behind the story.

McDonald’s is doing more than simply bringing back the sauce. The
restaurant giant has partnered with Studio@Gizmodo and Onion Labs to
produce, “The Sauce” – a look into the unbelievable, stranger-than-fiction,
saga of Szechuan Sauce. In this fun, three-part series, host Catherine
LeClair gets to the bottom of what happened on October 7th and the people
behind the efforts to make things right.

The series digs into the pop culture moment that launched the phenomenon:
Deadmau5 acquiring a promotional half gallon bottle, the production of 20
million packets, and the many other stories in between. All three episodes
are available right now to stream below, and also on all major podcast
platforms.

Szechuan sauce fans are encouraged to visit their local McDonald’s starting
February 26 to try the sauce.

For more information, visit wewantthesauce.com.